Friday, July 20, 2012

Birthday Shuffle a Deux #20


Linkin Park - In the End

I like this song on so many levels.  I like the lyrics.  I like the beat.  I like the video.
The song is based on the songwriter's struggles growing up.  Somewhere, when I was a teen, I remember someone telling me that 10 years from now, none of this will really matter.  And, looking back now, they were so right.  The drama and the angst and the confusion of just trying to survive through high school, and even my first couple of years in college... none of it really mattered.  Sure, those experiences have helped to form the person I am today, but in some respects if I had just lived life  in the moment and not let the little things get me down, I think I would have done some things just that much differently.  Sigh.  You can't go back, but you can always look forward... and, in a way, I think that's what this song is about.

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...