Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Birthday Shuffle a Deux #17


Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America

There's a lot of discussion regarding what this song is about, all I know is I like the beat.  I didn't listen to a lot of alternative music while in high school, and even early into college.  Seems like when I graduated, I finally started listening to all of that music I hadn't really paid attention to before, and this is one of those songs.  The song came out in 1995, and again, it's the beat that makes me like it so much.

I think it's about a girl who has no ambition and who spends her time mostly as a "lump" - not moving around, not thinking about anything, just being carried by the things around her, but not making any purposeful movement on her own.  Which is kind of sad when you think about it... Which I don't... I just bop along to the rhythm...

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...