Monday, July 2, 2012

Birthday Shuffle a Deux #2

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley I loved "West Wing." It was such a smart and ground-breaking show. Music was always a major part of many of the scenes; like this one where C.J.'s Secret Service agent is shot and killed, and where the Chief of Staff Leo asks for a foreign dignitary to be killed. The haunting tones of this song, with "Hallelujah" in the chorus gives the scene a religious and somber overtone. What's funny is that the song is actually about scorned love, women and how evil they can be. I like this song on so many levels. One is the images from favorite TV shows where it's been played. Two is the heartache and mistrust that comes through the lyrics. Finally, it's the sultry underlying truth that something like love and sex can be both so glorious that it carries you to the heavens, yet can also plunge you down to the depths of hell. Yeah. Hallelujah. Around Christmas, I'll have to remember to post about my most favorite "West Wing" episode ever...

2 comments:

betty said...

you'll probably disown me as a friend but I never saw that show.....I blame the fact that hubby controls the remote control here, LOL. Very interesting song!

betty

Lori said...

Again, a song I really like, and a show I really liked!

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...