Sunday, November 24, 2019

NaBloPoMo - Day 24 - Some Things Change

Everywhere I have been seeing the 2009-2019 challenge
with people sharing photos from 10 years ago...
Well, 10 years ago I was in residency and still had about another 10 months
before I would be graduating and starting my career...


So here I am with my hubby in 2009 in New Orleans...
I had been invited to compete in a medical case presentation
so we went since we'd never been to NOLA before...
It was so much fun, and I ate a TON of the most butter-rich amazing food...

The second photo was in 2019 in Olympic National Park in Washington State...
It was in July, and it was the first time away from home since my mother passed in April
and, boy, did I need that trip... 
I just needed to get away from home 
and all the memories 
and all the stresses of dealing with her death.
It was a trip that just took my mind off of things for a while.

I really am more excited about the 2010 - 2020 comparison
because it's just more significant in terms of dates and how far I've come
since completing residency and having been an attending for 10 years...
eek!

Next year will definitely be a time for change and reflection...
And, now it's almost just about 6 weeks away...
eek!!








2 comments:

betty said...

Great pictures then and now! I've known you for over 10 years! How can that be possible? It is fun to see people's 10 year challenge photos. I never post pictures so I wouldn't have anything that comes up :)

betty

Lori said...

Very nice pictures, both decades! I haven't seen this challenge -- yes, sometimes I live under a rock. I'll have to see if I have a picture of me from 10 years ago.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...