Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 10 - My Hero


I can't remember a time growing up when you weren't there.
I can't remember a time when we didn't go fishing.
When I went away to college, you came to visit and we established
our yearly ritual of going fishing for Father's Day.
When I got accepted to medical school, I still came home
every June just so we could spend the day together.
You died in May during my Intern year, 
just a month before our next scheduled trip.

I miss standing at the rail of a boat, heading out to sea,
excited about the day.
I miss the boasting and competition about 
who's catching the first fish,
who's catching the biggest fish,
who's catching the most fish.

I miss arguing about politics.
I miss playing chess.
I miss you... every day...
especially on your birthday...



No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...