Saturday, July 12, 2014

MyPod Birthday Shuffle IV - Day 12 - Alive and Kicking


Another year, another squirrel...!

When I look at my iPod list, "Alive and Kicking"
by Simple Minds is my #1 played song.
It's my go-to song for everything...

Leaving on a trip
Trying to start a new writing project
Hanging around the house
Going snowboarding (when I used to go)
Trying to get inspired

There's that ethereal opening with the steady beat.
Then the bold first line, "You turn me on."
Then the challenges:
"What you gonna do when things go wrong?

What you gonna do when it all cracks up?
What you gonna do when the Love burns down?
What you gonna do when the flames go up?
Who's gonna come and turn the tide?
What's it gonna take to make a dream survive?
Who's got the touch to calm the storm inside?
Who's gonna save you?
Alive and Kicking"


Love, love, love this song.
Just like Ally McBeal, I might just have my "soundtrack."




No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...