Friday, April 19, 2013

#533 - Q is for Quilting


At one point I decided I was going to learn how to quilt.
I set up a sewing machine.
I bought a LOT of fabric.
And, true writer that I am,
I set up a blog site.

This is one of the first quilts I made.
It was for my husband's birthday.
He doesn't care that the points don't line up.
He doesn't care that I didn't do 
a perfect 1/4 inch seam in all places.
He doesn't even seem to mind that I
"quilted" this somewhat haphazardly on my
small Singer sewing machine.
He just appreciates that it's made with love.


Which is shown by the two bears in a heart
right at the center of the quilt...






3 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm not particularly crafty - I really admire the dedication it takes to make a whole quilt!

Lori said...

Some of my favorite quilts are the ones my Mom made out of scraps of material from clothes my siblings and I wore as we were growing up; often clothes that she had made for us in the first place.

Jeanie said...

My mother never owned a sewing machine. Whenever she made me something it was done by hand. Usually an old dress of hers cut down to make a skirt for me. I treasure these memories and the time she must have taken to make each one.
Love is shown in many ways. Your dear husband has surely recognised that in your quilt.
It is lovely!

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...