Saturday, April 27, 2013

#520 - X is for eXasperation

I think most doctors I know are social misfits.
We don't know how to have normal conversation.
We really don't like being around people.
Yet we choose a profession where we are forced to interact with people
much to our own chagrin.

I think that frustration is compounded when 
you choose a specialty like Emergency Medicine.
You deal with some people on their worst day.
Those, surprisingly, are the cases we like best.

You deal with some people on what is a 
perfectly ordinary day for them 
which they've made just slightly more interesting 
with a trip to the ED.
We don't like those cases so much...

Really...?
You came in for that...?
You know you can buy over the counter medication for that...?
Really...?
You didn't know that...?
I guess when you input your symptoms into WebMD, 
you forgot to read the most common ailments and
skipped beyond to all the 
in-no-way-connected-to-your-disease-process-at-all problems...
which you don't have...
and, no, you don't need an antibiotic for that...

And, stop smoking...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get
a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm
having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

Check out my web blog video marketing chicago

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...