Sunday, July 28, 2019

Birthday Month Shuffle - 7th Edition Day 28

So today's song is "Beds are Burning" by Midnight Oil.  It first came out in 1987, and I remember loving the beat from the beginning.  It was only later that I learned the history of Western Australia and how the local aboriginals had been removed from their homelands so that the Australian military could test fire missiles.  From what I read, it seems like the aboriginal people have been able to move back to these native home but no apology or recompense has been given to them.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

betty said...

That is interesting history. I'm going to have to check it out more! I do like the song! Almost done!! I really can't believe hos fast this month has gone!

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...