Monday, July 15, 2019

Birthday Month Shuffle - 7th Edition Day 15

I’m a little late with this... hard to get to blogging sometimes even though I have a day off work.  Weird how when you have more time, it’s hard to find time to do things.  I don’t know how the day just gets away...

Anyway, on to the Shuffle....

I think I’ve mentioned before that I learned to play poker because I found it more enjoyable than playing the slots.  Mostly because I feel like I can play for longer.  It’s also kinda exciting when the table is hot and the chips are coming your way.

I have tried to play tournament poker, but I just don’t have a poker face.  I also can’t seem to read other players as well as I’d like to.  I have a good friend who is a champion in the World Series of Poker, and he admits to wearing a hat and glasses to help with his game.  I guess when you’re playing for $500k you use every advantage you can...

I first heard this song during an episode of “South Park.”  After hearing it several times, I finally looked up the original song, and now it’s a part of my iPod collection...  I’ve included both versions here for your listening pleasure...  as for poker, you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run... but that’s a song for another day...

Cartman version

Lady Gaga version

1 comment:

betty said...

I hadn't heard it before. I liked Lady Gaga's version of it. I don't think I could play poker. I don't have the face for it either. People can always read my facial expressions even when I'm trying to hide them.

betty

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...