Monday, July 27, 2015

Birthday Shuffle Year V - Day 27 - They Don't Know



This was life in the 80's.  Tracey Ullman had her own show.  She sang.  Videos were made and featured on MTV.  Yeah...

This song was first released in 1983.  I was in high school and falling in love for the first time.  I wasn't supposed to date until I was 16 and being in love when you just turned 15 was hard.  A WHOLE YEAR until I could go out!!?!  So this song perfectly fit the situation because, of course, I was going to see my love every chance I could even if we weren't supposed to be "officially dating."

This song still brings back memories of that innocent time and first love that turned somewhat complicated as the years went by... maybe I should have learned to have a little patience, but then my life would have been so different... or maybe not... if you've ever watched "Peggy Sue Got Married" from 1986, you understand that she had the opportunity to change her destiny, and she still ended up in the same place.  What's your thought on destiny...?

No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...