Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life Gets in the Way

I know that I have been scarce around here, and I wonder if anyone is still paying attention.  Regardless, it has been a very busy month.

Out of 30 days in the month, I worked 17.  The rest of the time, I was either having a meeting or traveling.

I had to buzz home to SoCal twice, the first time to take care of some business for my mom, and the second time to take an extended weekend break and travel for my mom's birthday.  We went gambling.  Suffice it to say, she won on just about every machine she touched.  Talk about lucky.

Hubby and I have still been exploring our new home.  Speaking of which... We closed on a house!  I am now a home owner... or, more correctly, a mortgage holder.... But, I digress.... the picture here is from Dry Lagoon State Park.  A lovely beach where people go to hunt for agates.  We started off not even knowing what we were looking for, but some nice fellow beach goers showed us what to look for.  We found three small ones, but even so, it's a beautiful place.  And we saw Roosevelt elk!



We also drove south again so that I could watch my husband literally throw himself off a cliff.... as you can see by the picture below, he had a great time doing it, although my heart was in my throat for the first few minutes.  I don't know that I will be doing this any time soon, but the views are incredible!



Work is, well work.  Some days I feel like I have finally found my pace and my stride, then boom!  The next day the walls come crashing down, and I feel like a medical student again.  I have to say that it has been interesting and challenging.  Most of the patients are the garden variety belly pains, headaches, coughs and flus, etc.  But, every once in a while a cardiac arrest, trauma or something very complicated comes through the door.... then you feel like you are flying by the seat of your pants.

Anyway, I promise I will try to blog more this month.  There are times when I feel like I am so full of ideas that I just have to write them down or bust.  Then Life gets in the way....

2 comments:

betty said...

was just thinking about you the other day, Veronica, wondering how it was going. How exciting to be home mortgage holders, congrats!! I would have been with you too watching your hubby doing that, good for his adventurous nature!! glad you did get a little fun over the past 30 days with a few trips here and there!!

betty

Lori said...

I still check in, just not as often. And I don't always comment, but I'm still here reading! Real life is so much more exciting than blogging though, isn't it? And sometimes it's just impossible to blog as much as we had done before.

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...