Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Taster's Delight...

Hubby and I took advantage of a professional conference in Napa
to get away and spend a great weekend being foodies
for our 6th Anniversary.


I, of course, took pictures and am sharing all of
the wines that we enjoyed...
Not just to share with you... because they were YUMMY
and I highly recommend them,
but also so that next time we are in Napa, 
we can stop and visit the wineries,
and I'll already have a list... 
and, now, so will you...

To begin:
We celebrated our anniversary dinner at
From the minute we walked in, we were treated like family.

We toasted with a Domaine Carneros Brut to start
which paired well with the 
Bosc Pear and Brie Cheese Flatbread we were served.

We both opted for the specials, and I took advantage
of the special occasion and ordered the ribeye...


Moist, tender, covered in mushrooms, a luscious deglaze sauce
and these blue cheese layered potatoes (mandolin cut a la Lutece) which were
so good... 

I paired my steak with a Buena Vista Cabernet Sauvignon,
and hubby paired his seafood delight with a Meiomi Pinot Noir.

The dessert wine was a Merryvale Antigua Muscat which I enjoyed
with a simple scoop of vanilla ice cream.

On our way home, we stopped at


Hubby had the Chicken Mattone which 
he paired with a Director's Cut Pinot Noir...


And, I had the Gateau de Pommes which
I paired with a Reserve Viogner...

Of course, I didn't mention breakfast...


This delicious chicken and waffles from
can only be paired with their
Death-by-Chocolate milk served in a Mason Jar...
OMG...!
There went all my allowed cheating for the month...!

Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...