Sunday, October 3, 2010

Apple Core... Who's it For?

One of the fun things we did this weekend was check out the annual Apple Harvest Festival.  


Seems some people arrived in the area after the Civil War and planted an orchard of apple trees.  Those same trees have survived and are still producing apples.  


  I love apples, and I especially love this time of year with the weather changing and those crisp juicy apples just ready for the eating!


I have to admit we bought a flat of a variety of apples, and I can't wait to start making all kinds of yummy things!  Here are some pics from the festival located right on Main Street... Lots of good food and some great music!


And, it wouldn't be apple season without some tarty apple cider...

2 comments:

betty said...

looks like it was a fun time, Veronica!! must be in the air, we also checked out an apple area today and got some apples, apple crisp and tasted some delicious cider!!

betty

Jeanie said...

You have made me think of apple crumble. I must make some for our evening meal.
I once tried cider at a friends. It was summer and instead of our usual cup of tea she offered me some cider. We drank it like lemonade, because of the heat I suppose. Then we caught ourselves laughing at anything and everything. We were tiddly. We were both so naive back then and didn't know it could be alcoholic. It was a 'lovely' afternoon, until we had to collect the children from school. Woops!
I'm glad you enjoyed your day out. I enjoyed how it brought back some 'blasts from the past' for me. lol
Jeanie xx

Featured Post...

The Mid 40's are in the Books

For some reason I never got around to writing about traveling to National Parks numbers 44, 45 and now 46...! Back at the end of June...